Re: tritium air monitors -Reply

MICHAEL S FORD wrote:

> Kelly,
>
> Beckton-Dickinson makes two types of portable tritium CAM.  The
> Model 110 is non-compensated and the Model 111 is a
> compensated tritium CAM that will reject up to a 5 mR/hr field.

Hi All,

My experience with the BD tritium monitors is that they do not have
automatic range changing. (i.e., 1960's electronics).  If the monitor is
set at the most sensitive range, and the tritium concentration goes up
by a factor of 10 or more, and you are not there to click the knob to
the next higher range, the data are lost!

Maybe BD has finally fixed this problem. Maybe not.

cheers,
Wes

--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.