Breathing air samples (non-html)

Dear Radsafer's,

    I'm seeking information on the implementation of a personnel air
sampling program for radiological purposes.  What do the CFR's say about
the legality and reliablity of breathing zone air samples?   What's the
best equipment needed to obtain the samples?  Does anyone out there
already have a proven system for drawing breathing zone air samples,
counting them in the field for beta gamma activity, and establishing
internal doses received based upon long lived sample results?  (If so,
could you share it with me?) I work at a facility where the predominant
isotopes of concern are europium, cobalt, iron, and chromium.  Although
we do have methods to evaluate the DAC of such samples, many involved in
the health physics field where I am employed are not convinced about the
sensibility of such a system.  My goal here is to drastically reduce
respirator usage for radiological work.  Keep in mind that the facility
I work at is under the cognizance of the DOE.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

    John