Tritium Monitors

We have used the BD 111 and 955 for a number of years.
We've found that the 111s have had frequent maintenance
problems.

  The 955 tend to be more reliable, but they are also much
larger units.  Based on my recollection, vendor really
considers this instrument to be a laboratory monitor.

 Repairs tend to be expensive propositions.  Vendor turn
around time, when needed, has not been great.  We've have
also experienced some long lead times for spare parts.

These opinions are clearly my and mine alone.

Ron LaVera
LAVERA.R@NYPA.GOV