Re: Leukemia in Astronauts -Other unusual radiation exposure?

I don't think that fuzzy incidents like the one mentioned below are at all
meaningful.   Many people die of brain cancer who have not had any special
exposure and in the cases that you mention, you don't even know if Deke
Slayton or Alan Shepard had the NRI procedure.  It is a tale built on a rumor
that is based on a speculation.

<< It should also be recognized that another eartly astronaut, Deke Slayton
died
 of brain cancer, an outcome linked to NRI. Having heard from about 1,500
 individuals treated with NRI, I'm aware of another case where a [non-
Oriental]
 test pilot for Grummen Aircraft had NRI treatments and later developed and
 died of nasopharyngeal cancer. >>