Re: Short lived waste

sxx@po.cwru.edu wrote:

> All Radsafers:
>
> Would someone offer me some information about what is the best way to deal
> with short lived radioactive waste (32P, 35S, 125I,...)  in University
> setting?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Shirley

Shirley,

>From another point of view, (non-university), if you have the space,
time, labor, and "political" support for the storage of radioactive
waste, then as a previous responder said, "decay, decay, decay". If you
don't have all those ingredients, I would suggest disposing of it
through a firm that is licensed to handle such waste. The cost, when all
things are taken into consideration is really pretty reasonable.

Jim Bell
Adco Services, Inc.