Oldest Atomic Waste Dump

Radsafers,

This appears to me my week to get strange phone calls from people.  I received
a call from a women who was recently told she had radioactive materials (some
sort of metal slag by product) around her home that came from a local steel
plant in Byesville, Ohio.  Apparently the previous owner picked up slag at the
steel plant for free to use as fill.   The women was told by a local goverment
official that the steel plant got the material originally from Mallinckrodt
waste dump in St. Louis.

The only thing I could find on the St. Louis dump was a web site at
http://www.moenviron.org/radwaste.htm

The woman wanted to know why waste from St. Louis would be shipped to a steel
plant in Ohio and then end up at her home.  Do any radsafers know anything
about the dump and their past practices to send materials to Ohio?

Thanks for your help,

S. Kirk

Please reply directly to me at SSEKIRK@aol.com