RE: Atmospheric deposition -Reply

I was in high school when Chernobyl happened.  I don't even remember
hearing about it.  I guess I had other things on my mind.

But people involved in env. monitoring in Europe as well as the US were
detecting that something happened.  Remeber it took days before the
event was actually reported by the former Soviet Union.

Historical #'s from our REMP show nicely the increase in cesium and in
some cases the identification of iodine from that event.

Matt Williamson
Indian Point Unit 3
williamson.m@nypa.gov