RE: Definitions of Low Dose/Doserate -Reply

>>> Franz Schoenhofer  wrote on  Fri 31 Jul 98  10:04 >>>

I agree, it is impossible to call 5 256 rad/y (!!!!!!!) a low dose rate,
whatever philosophy about "high" and "low" one adheres.

Franz ...

It appears that our U.S. EPA friends have written the guidance to
*generally* apply to limits seen at the upper limits of emergency
(acute) exposure scenarios (>= 25 rem, not rads however) and
radiation area posting requirements (HRA) for U.S. occupational
environments.  The *Low* definitions are stated on page G-6 of the
report.

Michael
Michael S. Ford, CHP
Texas Radiation Advisory Board