Side of a volcano

<< Charlie, If you are talking about the Westinghouse unit in the Philippines,
 believe it was built on the side of a volcano.  Therefore the unit did not
 meet the site characterization requirements.

 Ernest Goitein
 egoitein@aol.com >>

Assuming that the above is true, I have to wonder why the U.S. government
would be making safety decisions for the Phillipines.  Does our government
have a mandate to oversee safety concerns in other countries?  It seems
strange if that is true and I wonder to what level of detail this extends.

                                                             R. Holloway
                                                             nta@ntanet.net