90-Y counting in Beta/Gamma Counters

Hello All,
    I am looking for some help regarding counting samples of 90-Y in a beta counter and gamma Counter. We counted 3 samples of 90-Y of similar activity in a beta counter and gamma counter in similar geoemtry/vials. One sample contained 90-Y in saline, the other 2 contained 90-Y in serum (at different concentrations). The numbers looked reasonable from the beta counter. However, when the samples were counted in a gamma counter, the serum sample yielded higher counts than the saline sample. the experiment was repeated several times with similar results. Does anyone have an expalantion as to why the serum samples would yield hugher counts in the gamma counter as opposed to the saline sample? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Truly yours,
Bob Dunn
rso.gscancer@worldnet.att.net