Re[2]: FW: News Media and How to Deceive

     Another example:  remember the Albuquerque Tribune insert in 1994
     about the plutonium injections into putatively terminally ill
     patients?  As it happened, I had the original Rowland and Durham
     paper, and two of us sat down with the Tribune reporter and pointed
     out that the doses were calculated completely wrong in her article and
     what the correctly calculated doses should be.  She actually agreed
     with us, but no correction was ever published.

     Incidentally, a clear conclusion that one could draw from the
     plutonium injection studies was that indeed the injected plutonium did
     not appear to have an adverse effect.  Those who turned out not to be
     terminally ill lived many  more years and eventually died of something
     else entirely.

     Clearly my own opinion
     Ruth Weiner
     rfweine@sandia.gov