CRCPD/AARST/EPA September Meetings -Reply

As a member of the Board of Directors of CRCPD (Conference of
Radiation Control Program Directors), I can tell you that the CRCPD is not
a "trade" meeting. It is directed towards those who work in regulatory
programs. A few of the speakers & topics at the last meeting in Mesa,
AZ in May included:
The Linearity Controversy: Charles Meinhold, NCRP
Final MQSA Regs: Ruth Fischer, FDA
FDA Activities Related to Fluoro Guided Interventional Procedures:
Thomas Shope, FDA
Use of C-Arm Fluoro Outside Radilogy Dept: John Cardella, M.D.,Penn
Univ Hosp
Status of Petition Requiring Consideration of KI: Frank Congel, NRC
Part 35 Revision: Donald Cool, NRC
Options for Estimating Dose from Inhalation of Uranium & Thorium: D.
Bernhardt, Rogers & Assoc Engineering
NIST Radiochemistry Intercomparison Program: Kenneth Inn NIST
Radon in Water: Anita Schmidt, EPA
Fed Guidance Report 13: Christopher Nelson, EPA

Our topics address a broad range of radiation activities, because that's
what your local friendly regulator has to cover. Anyone can be a
member of CRCPD (Call Lin Carigan 502/227-4543 for info), & all are
welcome to attend our annual meetings. The next meeting will be held in
Atlanta May 2-5. Exhibitors are also welcome!

kkaufman@dhs.co.la.ca.us