Fwd: Mike Wallace

Something from another listserver I subscribe to:

In a message dated 8/28/98 1:10:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,.... writes:

<< My favorite
 media blurb was the photo of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant right after
the
 meltdown.  Remember that?  I forget which one of the TV media giants did it
 but it was one of the big three.  In an effort to be the first to get a photo
 on the power plant the reporter took a picture of a grain silo.  And the
 editors evidently didn't have any problem with putting it on the 6 o'clock
 news.  After it was identified for what it was, there was a lot of red faces
 and a short apology.  Then business as usual again. >>

Bill, good post about CBS and the rest of  "mainstream media".  My favorite
media blurb was the photo of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant right after the
meltdown.  Remember that?  I forget which one of the TV media giants did it
but it was one of the big three.  In an effort to be the first to get a photo
on the power plant the reporter took a picture of a grain silo.  And the
editors evidently didn't have any problem with putting it on the 6 o'clock
news.  After it was identified for what it was, there was a  lot of red faces
and a short apology.  Then business as usual again.-Jim C.