Respect

     To my earlier question, I was looking for a quick answer and I was
     very happy with the response I got until I read one response about the
     fact that I can find the answer in any textbook. Well, I know this and
     if I want to do extensive research on this I will and I don't want to
     identify a particular nuclide with this instrument. I was speaking in
     terms of energy! Now how you came to the conclusion that I have very
     little knowledge of radiation detection from that question is beyond
     me. I don't have a PHD in Nuclear Physics and I don't know the ins and
     outs of all the instruments on the market, but I do have a healthy
     knowledge of my job as an RCT and what it entails and it makes me very
     angry when people assume that because a simple question is asked they
     have little or no knowledge of the subject they speak about.

     But to clear the air, yes I could look it up, yes we have
     knowledgeable people here at Sandia, but I just wanted to get
     aquainted with people on Radsafe. All that was neccesary was a simple
     list of nuclides that can be detected with a GM pancake on a Ludlum
     Model 3, not whether it can identify them because I KNOW it CAN'T.

     I am sorry if anyone finds this letter offensive, but I thought that
     Radsafe was in existance to bring people together in similar fields,
     not to disrespect those who POSSIBLY have less knowledge. If I am
     wrong please de-subscribe me. I do not want to be a part of this type
     of group.

     These are my opinions and do not reflect those of my employers.
     If any response is neccesary my E-mail address is: dbrock@sandia.gov