nuclear tests, drinking water, Moab tailings

Hi,

Thanks to everybody who has provided me with information about

a) atmospheric nuclear tests. There were different dates mentioned, but it
seems that most likely the last one was done in 1962 - so I was wrong.

b) removal of natural radionuclides in water, where many valuable hints and
experience was given.

c) Moab tailings, background information and location of the pile.

I could not answer yet to everybody, because I really am in a hurry. I
leave tomorrow morning to Utah. I hope to find on my return still more
information about the experience with removal of NORM from drinking water!

Franz
Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department for Radiochemistry and Radioactivity of Food
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
AUSTRIA
tel.: +43-1-40491-520