Re: badge sensitivity topic

If I were a plaintiff's attorney in a radiation injury lawsuit, I'd like
nothing better than to have a dose reported by the dosimetry processor that
was arbitrarily lowered by the licensee.  While there is the possibility
that
external factors, such as the badge being left in a hi background area,
result
in a reported dose not being valid, such situations should be the exception
in
a well-managed rp program, and should be thoroughly documented.  Unless
there
are these exceptional factors, the dosimetry processor's reported dose is
the
best available estimate of exposure; isn't that what NVLAP's all about?

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com