Re: Fallout blamed for thyroid cancer -Reply -Reply

Charles,
I tend to agree from the back of the envelope calculations I've seen that
any occurrence of thyroid cancer attributable to Nevada originated fallout
will be undetectable. However, on the basis of downwind occurrence of
thyroid cancers in the very young (especially in Belarus) at the time of
the Chernobyl accident, it appears that the published risk factor(s) lead
to significant underestimates among this population.  If corresponding
populations in the Nevada downwinders can be identified,  any study should
focus on them.
Andy