Radiography Exposure

Steve,

You really  need to know the type (film speed) of radiography film being
used.   Radiography  film  just  like  photographic  film  has  a  large
variation in  film speed.   Typically  radiographers are shooting for an
H&D density  of 2.0.   The following are some typical exposures for that
density:

                             Ir-192              Co-60
     Dupont 45               6.0 R              14.0 R
     Dupont 55               2.0 R               4.0 R
     Dupont 65               1.1 R               2.30 R
     Dupont 70               0.62 R              1.70 R
     Dupont 75               0.36 R              0.75 R

      AGFA D2               13.0 R              30.0 R
      AGFA D4                3.5 R               8.5 R
      AGFA D5                1.7 R               4.0 R
      AGFA D7                1.0 R               2.2 R

      Kodak M                4.5 R              12.9 R
      Kodak AA               0.99 R              2.14 R

Roy A. Parker, Ph.D.
E-Mail: 70472.711@compuserve.com
Tel: 225-924-1473 - Note new area code
Fax: 225-924-4269 - Note new area code
-------------( Forwarded computer archived letter follows )-------------
    21-Sep-98 16:40 CDT
From: Steven.Rima@DOEGJPO.COM (Steven Rima)
Subject: Radiography Exposure Question

Radsafers,

In order to calculate a "possible theoretical" dose/exposure to a
person in a certain situation, I need to know what the typical
exposure or absorbed dose in industrial radiography is. What I am
looking for in particular (and couldn't find in any books that I have)
is the total exposure or absorbed dose TO or AT THE FILM required to
get a good picture. If anyone can answer this, I'd greatly appreciate
it. A "ballpark" or typical exposure/dose number is good enough.

Thanks in advance,

Steven D. Rima, CHP
Manager, Health Physics and Industrial Hygiene
MACTEC-ERS, LLC
steven.rima@doegjpo.com