Film will continue to be a viable dosimeter and available from Kodak

I am resending this post due to formatting problems (underlines,
etc.) I apologize if your reader had a problem with my previous post.
----------------

Several dosimetry users  have said they were told that Kodak is
discontinuing dosimetry film and it will soon no longer be available
from any dosimetry processor.  Based on these statements made
to them, these individuals have now  expressed concern over the
long-term availability of the Kodak film for the use of personnel
monitoring.

We spoke with Michael R. Holloway, Business Manager, North
American Operations, Industrial Imaging, Eastman Kodak
Company regarding the situation and this is his response:

Not only is there no plan to discontinue this business, but the use
of film is a Worldwide product of Kodak which is growing!  He has
stated that there is not one single user that represents a significant
enough percentage of that business to affect any decision
regarding the continuation of this product.  In fact, Kodak is
continuing improvements in the personnel film and plan on offering
a vinyl coated film perhaps in 1999.

Mike Holloway expressed concern that film clients may have a
misconception regarding Kodak's long term strategy of supplying
this film.  Mike Holloway asked to please inform  of anyone  that
has this concern to please call him personally. They may reach
him at 716-588-4789 or email him at holloway@kodak.com

-----------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director