Re: Smoke Detectors

One caution about shipping smoke detectors, or anything else, as a "limited
quantity" or "instrument or article" is that you are NOT exempt from the
hazmat employee training requirements.  Short of training the trash haulers
and landfill operators, I recommend using the small quantity exception of 49
CFR 173.4, which does exempt you from the training requirements.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com