Subject: Dose Correlation
Author:  jkane@siumed.edu at hubsmtp
Date:    9/24/98 12:43 PM

In an older issue of RSO magazine, I found an article describing ways in
which to present and increase the public's understanding of radiation
topics. The author mentions a comparison to 5 rems of whole body dose as
equivalent to the amount of energy required to light a 4 watt night light
for 1 second.

I find this an interesting analogy, but in what way might this be verified?

James Kane
Office of Radiological Control
Southern Illinois University
School of Medicine