Re: Q:film badges and filter patterns

Melissa, et al.

Having worked with the USAF in film processing we did notice a few
instances where filter patterns were absent.  In all cases, the filters had
become dislodged from within the holder and no filters were present.

Just a thought.

At 11:41 AM 9/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Out of curiousity, above what photon energy would one expect to get "no
>filter pattern" using Landauer's standard beta/gamma film badge holders
>and G1 film?  The service rep I talked to on the phone didn't know.
>
>The film badges that I placed out at our rad waste facility came back
>with doses ranging anywhere from 70 - 1450 mrem (1 month), high energy
>photon (i.e., >250 keV effective), and no filter pattern.
>
>(Actually, this has been really irritating, because the first time this
>happened, the rep on the phone insisted that there was no way other
>than irradiation outside of the holder that this could happen.  As I
>was the one who loaded those particular badge holders and I placed
>those badges myself, this comment didn't sit well with me. :-) )
>
>--
>Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                    |mailto:m-woo@uiuc.edu
>University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign       |ofc 1.217.244.7233
>DEHS, MC225, 101 S. Gregory St., Urbana, IL 61801|fax 1.217.244.6594
>http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/m-woo                 |

Tad  Blanchard            /__ \ /___\   NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center
Parallax, Inc                  O         Code 205.9, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Sr Health Physics Tech        / \                    Phone: 301-286-9157
Assistant RSO                /___\                   Fax:   301-286-1618
                 mailto:Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov
    http://gsfc-aphrodite.gsfc.nasa.gov/205/205-2/Health/RADPROT.HTM