Re: Q:film badges and filter patterns

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:54:45 -0500 (CDT), Sandy Perle wrote:

>The fact that filter patterns are not seen on a film dosimeter really
>has nothing to do with photon energy. When there are no patters, it
>is most likely that the film was NOT in the holder, the film was
>exposed to extreme heat (film is completely dark).

Okay, let's add some complicating factors to this problem.

These are badges from three different wear dates:  May, June and August
of this year.  In other words, three different processing times, three
different reports, three different sets of badge holders loaded by two
different people (I loaded the May and August badges; our dosimetry
tech loaded the June badges).

All the badges were placed and retrieved by me.  Although staff may
have seen a couple of them, I was the only who knew where they all
were.  There were no similar problems with other badges on any of those
wear dates.  And I *know* I didn't expose them out of the holders just
to make my own life difficult. :-)

Although June and August were relatively hot months, May was certainly
not that hot.  Additionally, the rad waste building is air-conditioned
(though the A/C does occasionally fail).

Sandy, be glad we're not one of your clients; I've been sticking with
this problem and pestering Landauer about this since May.  hehehehe...
call me stubborn.

--
Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                    |mailto:m-woo@uiuc.edu
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign       |ofc 1.217.244.7233