From: amattox@mbl.edu [mailto:amattox@mbl.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 1998 11:58 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Automatic Gamma Counters

Questions for members who maintain automatic gamma counters

1. The somewhat antique Beckman 8000 gamma counting system I've been
maintaining is reaching the end of it's career because Beckman is no
longer
supplying the Ba-133 sources required for internal calibration. Has
anyone
found an alternative supplier for these sources?

2. We are considering purchasing a new Packard Cobra 5003 counter, could
anyone share recent experience with this counter or with alternative
automatic systems?

Off list would probably be best for these questions.

amattox@mbl.edu

Andrew Mattox, CSP
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Marine Biological Laboratory