Q:"decon" for radiocarbon dating?

Here's one that's only peripherally related to what we do, but I'm hoping
someone can point me towards some info.

Does anyone have experience with "decon" (and I use the term very loosely
in this case) to prepare for a researcher who wants to do radiocarbon
dating in which excess *atoms* of C-14 could skew results badly?

The rooms in question had been radionuclide use rooms in the past (many,
but C-14 was certainly among them).  The rooms check out as far as
regulatory release limits go, but they aren't clean enough for this
researcher.

Thanks much in advance!

--
Melissa Woo, Health Physicist			|<mailto:m-woo@uiuc.edu>
Div. of Environmental Health & Safety		|office	217.244-7233