Re: Environmental TLDs

Eberline used to have a line of TLD's for environmental use in which the
chips were embedded in a rubbery plastic compound. They were basically
impervious to atmospheric assaults. I thought that they were what we first
used on the WSSRAP.

At 09:23  10/09/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Radsafers,
>This is a very non-technical question, but I'll ask anyway:
>
>For those of you who are involved with an environmental TLD program, how do you
>keep the TLDs dry while they are deployed?  We currently use small zip lock
bags
>to hold the dosimeters and punch a hole into the top opening of the bag to
>attach it to a post (does not compromise integrity of the bag).  However,
by the
>end of a monitoring quarter, a little water tends to accumulate in the bag
>around the TLD; at the very least, the labels are damp.  The label affixed to
>the TLD by the vendor often becomes illegible.  Any suggestions? Thanks.
>
>Elizabeth Algutifan, MS
>Weldon Spring Site Remedial Action Project (WSSRAP)
>St. Charles, Missouri
>Elizabeth_Algutifan@wssrap-host.wssrap.com

Chris Alston
alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu
I am not here a representative of my employer.