Custom Programs for LS-6500

We have a new Beckman LS-6500 LSC and while we like the instrument, we are
less than enthused about the output/interface.  The main problem is that
they are providing late 80's/ early 90's software and we don't really have a
386 laying around anymore.  With the previous instrument we could drive the
output to an ASCII file on a server, manipulate/format the file and whip the
little rascal over the network to wherever we needed it.
We were sort of hoping to do the same thing with this instrument, however
the output is a proprietary BECKMAN file and will take some tinkering in
order to glean the information we need from it.   We were wondering if
someone out there has already invented the wheel and would be interested in
giving us a hand by showing us some example code either in Visual C or
VBasic, C, FORTRAN ... we ain't too picky.  Some of the items in the file we
are interested in are user#, sample time, rack#, position#, efficiency, dpm,
H# ...

We did call the vendor and they did indicate they have a 'Winders' Version
coming soon ...
whatever soon means.

Thanks

George Crowley