non-isotopic measurement of cell proliferation

Colleagues,

Some researchers here are considering replacing their assays of
lymphocyte proliferation, which use tritiated thymidine, with non-isotopic
assays.

A number of non-isotopic methods are available, including those which
use tetrazolium salts (XTT, or MTT).  Many of the methods have been
published, but the publications usually don't include the complete data
sets.

Our resreachers would really like to see results of any comparisons
made between the tritiated-thymidine assay, and the non-isotopic
methods.

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has made such a comparison,
and who'd be willing to let our people look at the data.  There is no need
for this information to have been published in peer-reviewed journals -
we just want to get a feel for how good the non-isotopic methods are.

As this information is likely to be irrelevant to  many of the list members,
you are welcome to reply directly to my email address, bellow.

Regards,

Mark Hanlon,
Radiation Safety Officer,
The New Children's Hospital,
P.O. Box 3515,
PARRAMATTA, NSW, 2124
Australia

Phone   61 2 9845 3324         FAX   61 2 9845 0831

email   markh@nch.edu.au