Re: EMF and DNA double-strand breaks

>Bioelectromagnetics

>Volume 18, Issue 2 (1997)

>Do electromagnetic fields interact directly with DNA?; Martin Blank,
>Reba Goodman

I will try to find that later - will be in Budapest for 5 days now.

>Acute exposure to a 60 Hz magnetic field increases DNA strand breaks in
rat

>brain cells; Henry Lai1, Narendra P. Singh

This one is probably about the comet assay. It is an indirect

method for detecting a mix of phenomena - mainly SSBs and DNA

relaxation. As I see it, the authors misunderstand their

data (high background, measurement of DNA mass change instead

of change in break levels, the experiments can't be repeated

-see Radiat. Res. Dec. 1997 - I doubt strongly that they could

detect DSBs).

>Molecular wring resonances in chain molecules;

>H. Bohr, S. Brunak, J. Bohr

Can you help me with the complete ref here please?

Thanks for the hints,

Bjorn