Radon Therapy vs Carcinogenicity

>Michael S. Ford wrote:

>After reading my initial post, I guess my main point was not
>effectively expressed, and that is:  if ill people are receiving radon
>therapy (high concentration over short periods)-- either in radon
>spas or radon hospitals in Europe and Russia or in old U mines in
>the US -- and the end result is that they find relief from their ailments
>(documented case histories in many instances), how can we
>maintain that radon is a carcinogen at levels as low as 4 pCi/L ?

These are two separate issues, folks.  Whether or not a particular therapy
offers relief (short-term or not) for an ailment says NOTHING about any
possible carcinogenicity of the therapy.  Smoking can be an effective
therapy for stress.
ron

   Ron Morgan
   Radiation Protection Services (ESH-12)
   Los Alamos National Laboratory, MS K-483
   Los Alamos, New Mexico, 87544 (USA)
   Phone (505) 665-7843
   FAX   (505) 667-9726
   Mailto:rgmorgan@lanl.gov