Re: High School Health Physics

This seems to be a "1. ready, 2. fire, 3. aim" approach to things.

Before we start, HPS members need to be informed as to why we're doing this.

It seems to me that distributing uncalibrated instruments to untrained
persons
with the endorsement of HPS is a good idea - NOT!  If I were an anti-nuke
I'd
be pushing for this, since it implies that nuclear facilities are dangerous,
and that you can't trust the licensees to monitor properly.  Also, if an
instrument is not maintained it is likely to short out and peg the meter.
This may generate public conern.

I'd be grateful if someone who is involved with this could reply and
explain.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com