Re: Swiss Nuclear Phase out

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Jesse H. Coleman wrote:

> It seems that Switzerland has stated its intention to phase out
> its nuclear power plants after their operating licences expire
> (latest is 2012).
>
> So states the Swiss energy minister, Moritz Leuenberger and
> the Swiss Federal Council.
>
> I think the Swiss have six nuclear power plants.  First Sweden,
> then Germany, now Switzerland.  Which country will be next to
> ban its nuclear power plants?  Maybe candles and blankets will
> be a good industry for the future.  There may be a lot of cold
> people shivering in the dark.
>
> Any RADSAFER who thinks the future of nuclear power is in any
> secure needs to think again.
>
> Jesse Coleman
>
> RADSHOALS@AIRNET.NET

I can not agree more what you have written.  I think politics is driving
these kinds of actions..  Politics has never been clean.  People will
think
again not in the near future when they will be faced with brownout or even
blackout.  Or worse when internet Mail stop operating due to the lack of
enough electrical power.