RE ~5 Open HP Position in NYSDEC

Group,
I suspect the salary is not a joke.  I also suspect the reason for the
note about negotiability was to cut down on wasted time and frustration
for all concerned.  But wasn't the position in Albany rather than NYC?

In 1988 I had a telephone interview with a state radiation control agency
and was offered a job.  The gentleman was appologetic when we discussed
salary.  He tried to emphasize the low cost of living in Boise and the
pleasant area.  The offer was 2/3 up the ladder for that pay scale and was
in the low $20K-s.  That state has since, I understand, given up it's
agreement status because it was unable to attract qualified staff for the
salary the bureaucrats and ledgislators were willing to pay.

So if you might be interested send a resume WITH your salary requirement
highlighted.  Maybe if they see enough of those and the position goes
vacant....

Any opinions about unnamed states or anything elese are solely mine and do
not represent any facility or agency of this or any other government.

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver
vernig.peter@forum.va.gov