Re: Swiss and Swedish Nuclear Phase out politics] -Reply

Michael and others,

>What are the Swedish leaders proposing as a replacement for
>nuclear power?
It seems like we are heading for a lot of gas. I just wonder
(as a complete amateur) what the price will be in the future
because there are other nations interested in gas as well...
Look at Kazakhstan for instance (pipe lines to Kiev and on)
dealing with China and countries south of Central Asia. Our
politicians tend to reason as if we were all isolated from
the rest of the world. Then, there is a mix of course of other
contributions (smaller or larger: oil, coal, peat, wood, wind).
Hydropower is the major electricity source besides nuclear
power.

The talks about reducing carbon dioxide emissions are just
talks - and the key politicians know it. BTW: The former minster
of the environment got a new position (foreign minister)
after the election about 5-6 weeks ago.

:-)

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchange/8256/
Any opinions expressed above are those of mine and may not necessarily
coincide with those of others.