Journal Donations

Dear Radsafers,

I'm posting the following message for a friend who is not a member of the
list.

I need some advice from anyone who has donated professional journals.  I am
retiring soon and have located a university to take my old HPS and AIHA
Journals.  However I need answers to the following questions:
1.	What value can be put on the Journals?  The 442 HPS Journals go back
to volume 3-(1960) and the 275 AIHA Journals go back to volume 34-(1973).
2.	What process is needed to confirm value if you take a non-cash
contribution on your income tax?
3.	Do I need to have a certified appraisal done?  If so, who are some
good certified appraisers to use who would know the values of HPS and AIHA
Journals?

Please send replies directly to him at eesobot@iastate.edu
<mailto:eesobot@iastate.edu>  or to me at the address shown below.

Thanks for your consideration,