RE: Lower limit for SCO 1 classification

Response to this statement:

Look at the definition of Radioactive material in 173.403 again. 70 Bq is
the limit by law. This equal 1.89 nCi.

Just how many significant figures is 70 Bq/g good for?  One significant
figure would generate 2 nCi, not 1.89 nCi.  I wonder how many significant
figures are applicable?  Look at the DAC values in 10CFR20.  They clearly
display only one significant figure of precision.  The degree of precision
is not entirely clear here.

Look at RQ values, the TBq values are clearly the conversion of the standard
Ci.  The contamination limit standard appears to be 1E-5 and 1E-6 uCi/cm2
and the conversion would be the 0.4 and 0.04 Bq/cm2 or the 22 or 2.2
dpm/cm2.  If the Bq were the standard, surely the would have chosen
something like 0.5 Bq/cm2.  When they write 0.04 they are definitely not
trying to imply anything more than 1 significant figure.

I don't know of anyone ever being audited to 1.89 nCi/g vs 2 nCi/g.  Any
thoughts out there?

Sincerely,
Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@ucm.com