RE: De Minimis - Again

Joyce - I read your editorial in the November HPS Newsletter yesterday.  I am
pleased that someone is bringing up the issue again.  It is timely and needed.
I agree that we need to address the De Minimis issue separate from the issue
of NLT, etc.

We are costing rate and tax payers a lot of money each year by not having a De
Minimis standard.  As you so capably pointed out such a standard is sorely
needed.  Since there is a precedence in other regulatory arenas it would seem
that we could build on that.  (Of course since radiation is involved it is
harder to get common sense to prevail.)

Keep up the good work.  I hope a national dialog can be restarted on this
important issue.  If I can help in any way please let me know.

Ray Carroll, CHP
carrollrg@lmus.com