Hiroshima survivor

Hi all,

We have just received here a patient who is apparently a Hiroshima
survivor, and is with us for treatment of thyroid cancer which was
initially diagnosed some 5 years ago.

The lady speaks no English (can't speak at all at the moment due
to a tracheostomy), lives alone here in Sydney and has no
relatives. As a survivor with a radiogenic cancer, I feel her case
should be reported, even if 53 years is stretching the relationship.

My question is, to whom, and by what mechanism? It is possible
she is on the followup list and has been reported, but until I can
communicate with her through an interpreter next week, I don't
know, and I may not get a sensible answer even then. So, for my
own interest at least, I would like to know the procedure.

Many thanks - please answer to my private email to avoid clutter.

Lee Collins

Lee Collins MSc FACPSEM
Chairman, Division of Allied Health
Medical Physics Dept.