Re: Unsecured Labs

University Radsafer Types:

Regarding unsecured labs, I have one suggestion that works for future
problems - develop a working relationship with your University
architects/planners.  When at the U of Nebraska, I would receive
monthly  reports from this group that described proposed projects and
projects in work.  It was a litlle bit of a pain to weed through the
list, but when I saw a project that had the potential to impact rad
safety, I would give my input to them.  Amazingly, they would usually
listen.  Of course using the words "costly retrofit" would get their
attention.

This method will not help you with an existing lab, but it sure does
head off any future problems.

Larry Grimm