Subject: Two questions
Author:  <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu > at internet-mail
Date:    11/18/98 4:31 PM

Hi all,

Two things eating away at me this evening:

1. My Project Manager would like to know (because of one of our lawyers
asked him) if there are any Co-60 commercial or university research
facilities in the US (other than our own or the University of Maryland)
that could meet the following criteria for testing electronic parts:
a. irradiation must be in air (not at bottom of pool),
b. can manage several boards worth of parts or a full scale instrument with
good uniformity (+/-10%),
c. dose rate between 1 and 300r/s.

2. Back in college I saw a training video for gas bottle safety that
included showing damage from hose whip and a cylinder flying through a
concrete wall when the valve was lopped off.  I can't remember any more
than that.  (I'm a guy, what'd ya expect?)  Can anyone point me in the
right direction for this tape?  My ES&H would love to have it for safety
training to really get the point across.

As ever, thanks for the help!

Scott Kniffin

RSO Unisys Federal Systems, Lanham, MD
CHO Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA
mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov

The opinions expressed here are my own. They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys or NASA.  This material has not been reviewed by my
manager or NASA.