Lets get involved!

Dear Radsafers,

As radiation safety professionals we currently have resources that in the
past were only unattainable dreams.  We have the RSO section in the HPS, a
bimonthly publication called RSO Magazine, and in the near future a
quarterly publication called Operational Radiation Safety (ORS).  These
resources provide us with an excellent opportunity to promote the radiation
safety profession and to improve the performance of our programs by sharing
valuable knowledge and experiences with other colleagues.

The problem is that we may not have enough participation from radiation
safety professionals to maintain these resources.  Last year, there were
only four papers presented in the RSO section and the publications mentioned
above struggle to find enough contributions to keep them going.

I am sure that there is a lot of practical knowledge in radiation safety to
be shared (as we find out everyday through radsafe).   It just takes some
initiative on our part.  The RSO Magazine even assists you in writing your
manuscripts, and you definitely want to have one of their author coffee
mugs!

Please consider submitting contributions to the HPS RSO section, RSO
Magazine and ORS.  It is up to us whether or not we have these resources
available in the future.

**** This is just my humble opinion. ****

-René

René Michel