Shipping Am-241 Smoke Detectors: Follow-up

To those of you who responded to my e-mail about returning a bunch of
Am-241 smoke detectors to the manufacturer, thanks very much for your
comments.  As some of you speculated, the foils are indeed special form,
and the manufacturer has just sent me a copy of the special form
certificate.  Therefore, I'll be able to ship the detectors without
difficulty as an "excepted package for radioactive instruments and
articles."

Sue Dupre

Sue M. Dupre, Health Physicist

Environmental Health and Safety Office