Re: Nd-144 -Reply

Charlie:

        Thank-you for this Nd-144 half-life information and history.  I was unaware that the half-life had been determined in 1954.  When doing my sealed source work, I try to use the latest version of the Table of Isotopes.  The latest version that I have is the 8th Ed., published in 1996, Firestone, Shirley, Baglin, Chu, and Zipkin, Editors.  This edition lists the half-life of Nd-144 as 2.29 E+15 yrs.  Your point is well taken; perhaps I am being a bit intellectually naive to presume that merely because I'm using the so-called latest edition of the Table of Isotopes, that such a "latest" listing contains the most accurate/currently accepted half-life value.  Best regards  David