"Hidden cancer danger from cellular phones"

Yesterday, a Swedish scientist warned against the danger of cellular
phones in "Dagens Nyheter" - the largest Swedish morning paper (main
article on debate page). The headline reads "Hidden cancer danger from
cellular phones" - the somewhat smaller second headline reads "The
consequences of cellular phones may/can become tragic if measures are
not taken in time".
Then, as introduction text in bold: "Nothing says that microwaves from
cellular phones should be harmless. It is rather the opposite: research
shows association between this kind of radiation and different diseases
- anything from cancer, brain damage and high blood pressure to sleeping
disturbances and asthma. When it comes to microwave radiation we
furthermore risk getting harmful levels without seeing any warning
signals. The risk is that future historians will ask themselves: "Why
didn't we take any measures in time?"..."
Then the main article (six columns) begins. The text is quite
suggestive. The works referred to in the article:
"Professor Henry Lai" (Univ. Wash, Seattle) - the rat brain story.
Dr. John Holt and Professor Peter French, St. Vincent's Hospital, Sydney
Australia (mast cells, asthma and EMF).
Dr. Neil Cherry at Lincoln University, Lincoln, New Zeeland
(epidemiological studies of "cellular phone fields" (0.1 microwatt per
square centimeter - discussion about cancer, insomnia, immune defense,
miscarriage and changes in blood pressure).
Med dr S. Braunes, Freiburgs University, Germany (ref. to article in The
lancet, 1998 blood pressure)
Michael Repacholi, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia (900 MHz
distant field  (0.008 - 4.2 watt per kg tissue where the risk was
statistically significant at a level of 2.4 times after 18 months of
exposure, 30 min. in the morning and 30 min. in the evening).
Bruce Hocking, Camberwell, Australia (0.2 - 8 microwatt per square
centimeter up to 4 kms distance (2.5 U.S. miles) from TV masts in
Australia).
Ioannis Magras and Thomas Xenos, Thessalonikis University, Greece
(embryonal development of mice, 0.2 to 1 microwatt per square
centimeter).
//My question: Are any of you able to comment the studies above from a
scientific point? Some people above lack titles because they have not
been given in the article I am referring to.//

Then the author discusses some "myths":
"1. That the lack of "objective findings" is the same as absence of
effect.
2. Risk is only present if "scientifically proven" in humans.
3. That there always is a lowest effective dose, under which there are
no effects."

I cannot comment everything in the article but it is obvious that it may
frighten some people, and perhaps even authorities.

The whole article (in Swedish) can be found at http://www.dn.se/
(choose the searchsystem "sok" (two dots over the "o") and look
for the publication 2/12 = Dec. 2).

Bjorn
bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com
I only represent myself in this writing.