Re: X-rays or Strip Search? -Reply -Reply -Reply -Reply

Mark Hanlon wrote:

> The ethics of radiation protection (I understand) require a
> net benefit to the individual, or to the community. I am not
> sure that this can easily be demonstrated here, although I
> suspect the dose is not of great concern.

I asked in an earlier message on this subject if anyone knew whether an
ALARA evaluation had been done for "strip search alternative x-rays
(ssax).  No one has answered.  Now I ask if anyone has done an ICRP
"justification" analysis since this is a relatively new "practice"
involving radiation.  If such analyses have not been done, then we, in
the US, don't seem to be following the ICRP recommendations very well.
Anyone know about such analyses?  Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net