Re: Breast-cancer patient gets radiation overdose

Sandy Perle wrote:
> It will be interesting to
> determine whether or not the physicist was actually performing the
> verification, or having a subordinate perform the reviews, and simply
> signing the forms, as if he/she had performed it.

See my other transmittal on this subject.  I know of no checking by the
physicist, who lived in a city about 260 miles from the city where my
wife received the treatment, of the settings after he had made them on
the first day.  My wife, at the time, told me only the technician was
present during each day's treatment.  Are there standards that require
checking settings, or checking the physicist's calculations that set the
dose and how the dose is delivered (e.g. aiming of the accelerator,
patient placement, etc.)  Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net