Re: Breast-cancer patient gets radiation overdose

I too had my wife wear some TLD's during her BC treatment.  I found that the WB
dose was ~10 RAD for her x-ray treatment.  I did not measure the electron
therapy that followed.  The treatment can vary depending on the type, location,
and size of the patient, etc.  So, individual doses may vary somewhat.  The
treatment plan, in general as I remember it, was ~6000 rads to the breast, x-ray
followed by electrons to the specific area of the breast where the cancer was
found.

Happy Holidays,

William A. Lorenzen
Children's Hospital