Re: Reply :Survey frequency and inspection

When you convince researchers that doing surveys is important to their
quality control, important for them to be able to demonstrate that they
did not cross contaminate anything in their research, then they want to
do their own surveys.  From the researcher's view point, QC is far more
important than regulatory concerns, therefore I have always advocated
that they do the surveys, with the RSO doing a routine back up check.  I
used to step up the frequency of the RSO check if I found any
contamination.  Educating the researcher to the improtance of
contamination control (read QC to them) was easily sold and easily
taught.

Larry Grimm largrimm@pacbell.net