MRI and European static field standards

I have heard that new static magnetic field standards in Europe may pose
problems for MRI operation.

The problem appears to be an occupational exposure standard rather than to a
medical (patient) exposure standard.

The information I have is very vague, so I do not know whether the reference
is to the new ICNIRP standard, to an EU standard or to a German standard.

Can any of our European members point me towards some real information o nthis
issue.

John Moulder (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu)
Radiation Biology Group
Medical College of Wisconsin