RE: x-rays (veering off-topic)

This guy has my (grudging) respect for his willpower. According to a
book I once read on, among other things, the microecology of the lower
GI tract, food residues form only a minor part of the "output" in
humans.

An apocryphal anecdote was offered concerning two ascetics who were
'dueling'. After a week of fasting, one said to the other; "For a week,
we have sat not eating but sh*tting as usual. Let us now begin to eat as
normal, but not sh*t." Whereupon the second backed down.

This has veered off-topic, so let's take any follow-ups to e-mail.

Dave Neil
neildm@id.doe.gov

On Thursday, December 10, 1998 5:49 PM, Andrew McEwan
[SMTP:Andrew@nrl.moh.govt.nz] wrote:

> Franz
>
> Your comment
> "Finally one should not forget a traditional and conservative method
> check whether a suspect is smuggling drugs in his/her stomach:
Laxatives